16 Jun ‘Bunny Soup’ – Carrot, Red Lentil & Coriander Soup
Bunny soup is a favourite in our house. Served alongside some garlic bread, my kids will eat 2 bowls each. A good way to sneak nutritious lentils, onion, garlic and turmeric into their diet.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1Tbsp oil or water
- 6 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 3 tsps ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 6 cups hot water or vege stock
- Sweetener: 2-4 Tbsp maple syrup or date puree to taste
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cashew Cream: 1 cup raw cashew nuts blended with 1 cup water (optional)
– Cook onion & garlic in oil or water until soft
– Add carrots, red lentils, coriander, cumin, tumeric, water or stock and simmer until carrots are soft.
– Add salt, pepper and sweetener. Blend well with either a stick blender in pot, or put into a blender and pulse, then return to pot.
– Add cashew cream if using and stir. Test for saltiness/sweetness.
– Serve with garlic bread
Enjoy as is or add a dollop of cashew cream / coconut cream / coconut yoghurt or hummus.
Recipe inspired and modified from The Revive Cafe Cookbook (highly recommend!).