- Animal Squad is SAFE’s educational website, which has the goal of teaching compassion and kindness for animals. Kids can also join the ‘Safe Youth’ club.
- Animal Bites – is a newsletter sent out to all NZ primary schools.
- Animals & Us – NZ Classroom resources for secondary schools (could be adapted to primary)
Resources for teaching critical thinking, ethics and empathy for animals.
- What’s in a glass of milk? Lesson plan and fact sheets
- Be Kind to Animals resources
- How to write a persuasive letter
- A collection of heart-warming stories about animals
- Lesson plans for a vast amount of topics surrounding human and animal rights, and the environment. For all ages.
- Whom do you pet and whom do you eat? Lesson plan
- Mouse vs Zucchini: A Lesson on Perspective
- Active for Animals – Youth club for ages 8-13
- Kids lunch box ideas
Dissection of live animals is not necessary in this day and age. The following are links to the ethics of this issue and a presentation of alternatives.
Worldwatch Institute: A Vision for a Sustainable World (website)