31 Oct Creamy Garlic Pasta
When making this recipe, I usually make a double portion. Half for the kids (with veggies on the side), and half for us for a yummy adult meal with roast leeks and cauliflower mixed in. Recipe inspired from a Craving A Peace recipe.
- whole head of garlic
- pasta (gluten free optional)
- 3/4 cup of unsalted cashews (soaked overnight or in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Chop head off garlic until cloves are visible.
- Rub with oil and sprinkle with salt (and leeks if making for adults)
- Wrap loosely in tin foil.
- Roast garlic for 40 minutes.
- While garlic are roasting, cook pasta on stove.
- After 40 minutes, remove garlic from the oven and squeeze soft garlic cloves out of their shells and into a blender with soaked/boiled cashews, vegetable broth, apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Toss with pasta and add some steamed broccoli and cauliflower, or serve on the side. (Adults – slice baked leeks and add to pasta with cauliflower or broccoli).
Adult’s or older kid’s version: