10 Dec Easy Vegan Donuts
Vegan donuts. The ultimate treat for kids and adults alike and no you don’t have to wait until your local cafe or bakery gets around to making a vegan option – you can make them at home easily and quick! We found a Sunbeam ‘Sprinkle’ donut maker at the 2nd hand shop last week ($5 – bargain!), which has inspired a binge of donut making and eating in our household.
Makes 12 medium sized donuts (double mix for more)
- Electric home donut maker – similar to these models
- 1c white flour
- 1/3c sugar
- 1.5tsp baking paper
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1/4c vegan margarine (Nuttelex or similar)
- 1/2c soy milk
- 1/2tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 chia egg (Grind 1 Tbsp chia seeds, mix with 2 Tbsp water, sit 5 min)
- Melted margarine / coconut oil
- Cinnamon sugar mix (1/2c sugar + 1Tbsp cinnamon)
- Melted vegan chocolate
- Vegan 100s and 1000s
- Preheat Electric donut maker.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Melt margarine, then mix in remaining wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix until just combined.
- Add spoonfuls of the donut mixture into the donut holes in the electric donut maker.
- Close lid and bake for 3-4 minutes, until risen and slightly brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Brush donuts with margarine or coconut oil and dip in cinnamon sugar or 100s and 1000s
- Alternatively, dip in melted vegan chocolate and sprinkle with nuts or 100s and 1000s