28 May Easy Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
Easy. Delicious. Cheap. Versatile. Vegan. Not only does this recipe make great vegan cupcakes, but you can also use the same recipe to make a chocolate cake or larger muffins – it’s the only recipe you need!
- 1 1/2c flour (white, wholemeal or GF)
- 1c coconut sugar (or any sugar)
- ½c cocoa
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2c water
- OPTIONAL: 1c grated courgette, grated beetroot or beetroot pulp from juicer
- OPTIONAL: Chocolate chips for double choc cupcakes, add at end.
– Grate courgette (if using) and place into a large bowl.
– Add all dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt) and stir until thoroughly combined.
– Add wet ingredients (oil, vinegar, vanilla, water) and stir until thoroughly combined.
– Put mixture into greased muffin tins or cake tin. (Makes 1 large cake or 12 large muffins, or 16 tiny muffins & 6 large muffins).
– Bake for 20minutes (muffins), and 30minutes (cake) at 180c or 350f
– Rest in tin for 5 minutes before putting on a stand to cool.
Enjoy as is, or ice with chocolate icing. 💕